Thursday, June 26, 2014

Comparison Swatch: Pink Polishes

Hey everyone,

as you might have guessed by now, pink is one of my favourite colours, especially when it comes to nail polish. Therefore I thought I'd show you a few of the pink toned polishes I have to compare them. Maybe you've always wondered what the consistency, opacity and similarity of one particular polish to another polish is? I might be able to show you some in this post :)





First up, I got out some of my OPI pinks. 

On my pointer finger I'm wearing OPI's Mod About You, which is one of my fave pinks of all time! It's very creamy and opaque, I put on two medium coats to achieve the opacity you see in the picture, you could also do three thin coats. In any case, application is so smooth, it's amazing!

On my middle finger you can see I Theodora You from the Wizard of Oz Collection. I don't tend to wear this one much, although it is a beautiful shade! A pretty sheer, but lovely nude-y pink that is very work appropriate or would also look beautiful for a wedding mani (being a guest or the bride!). I put on three coats to get the opacity you see in the pic.

On my ring finger I'm sporting Pinking Of You which has a bit more pink in it than I Theodora You, but is of the same consistency. Here also shown in three thin coats. It is a very pretty shade, but I think it doesn't suit my skin tone very well, so I don't tend to reach for it that often.

Lastly I have Chic From Ears To Tails on my pinky, this one is from the Minnie Mouse Collection. The consistency is a bit more opaque than the Pinking Of You and I Theodora You, still I had to put on three coates to achieve full opacity and a non streaky look. You can't see well in the picture, but it has a very, VERY subtle shimmer to it. 




For my Cinderella hand, I pulled some of my Essie pinks:

On my pinky I have two coats of Off The Shoulder, a lovely vibrant pink. This was one of the first Essie polishes I ever bought, ages ago! It really pops and makes you look nice and tan, too! It's very opaque and if you apply carefully, it could even be a one coater!

On my ring finger I'm wearing Lovie Dovie, which is one of the cutest polish names ever, in my opinion ;) It's a really pretty Barbie pink, shown here are two creamy coats. This one also really pops and gives you that tan look on your hands!

On my middle finger you can see three coats of Need A Vacation, a gorgeous creamy pink. In the bottle you would think that the consistency is like the two polishes before, but I feel I need three coats so you don't see any streaks. It's a gorgeous shade though!!

Finally, I have one of my faves, Romper Room, on my pointer finger. This is three coats, I will say application is a bitch with this one, I mentioned this in my post comparing this one to Essie Fiji, you can read about it here. It's not one of my best swatches you see in this pic, as my pointer finger is all crooked after breaking off a corner and still growing it back.. Still, it's one of my absolute favourites from all my pinks, a gorgeous, milky white, opaque baby pink.




I made my bf take a picture of both of my hands (bet you were wondering how I did that ;) so you could see them in all their glory! Please excuse my weirdly crooked left ring finger, no idea why it is doing what it is doing there! :D

I have to say, these are only a few of the pink polishes I own... there are quite a few more! Let me know if you would like to see more comparisons and if there is any information I should add about the individual polishes!

Down below you can see a few manicures I used some of the above mentioned polishes for. I hope you enjoyed my comparisons! :)

Lots of Love,
Glittr



OPI - Mod About You

Essie - Lovie Dovie

Essie - Need A Vacation

Essie - Romper Room



No comments:

Post a Comment