Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nailart: Polkadots and Roses



Hey everyone,

I couldn't resist using this gorgeous ColorClub polish anymore, so I sat down and decided to do some polkadots and roses over it :)

The pink base colour by ColorClub is called Je t'aime from their Paris In Love Collection and it's such a gorgeous shade! It's right up my alley, as I looove pink polishes (surprise) and I don't have anything like this in my collection yet! At least not this exact shade of pink.. ;)

I used OPI Alpine Snow and my smallest dotting tool to create the polkadots. I then used a combination of Zoya's Shelby and Jolene and OPI Alpine Snow to create the roses. First I shaped the roses with the lighter of the two Zoya pinks (Shelby) and then used white to give it a better shape, then added some depth with the darker Zoya pink (Jolene). I did this using a thin brush I bought off eBay ages ago.

For the little leaves I used La Petite Mint-Seur by ColorClub, also from the Paris In Love Collection and outlined them with Essie First Timer.

I finished off with my favourite topcoat HKgirl by GlistenAndGlow and I really loved the look of these :) I then decided to add a matte topcoat because I haven't done a matte design in ages. And I liked it even more!




The lighting in this pic is a bit off and I couldn't filter it so it looked right. The colour in the first picture is more accurate showing the shade of the base polish, this picture is too light. Je t'aime is more of a creamy, rich pink.




I hope you enjoyed my very girly, pink mani :) I was playing around with the filters in my LineCamera app and switched the colours on this pic, I just had to share, how cool is this?! ;)





Have a great day, if you have any questions or just want to brighten my day, drop me a comment below ;)

Lots of Love,
Glittr

1 comment: